This post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I talking with Tuomas Erikoinen. Tuomas is a very special game developer and solo entrepreneur, who has built several games and launched them on the App Store with amazing success.
Before his company Part Time Monkey, Tuomas was a co-founder in a venture backed games company, and even earlier than that, he was part of the crue who build the first Angry Birds games.
Topics that we cover with Tuomas include:
- Rovio days, pre-Angry and post-Angry Birds, what was that experience like for you?
- How did you know that entrepreneurship was your thing?
- Starting a VC backed games company called Boomlagoon. What were your experiences, what should new entrepreneurs expect?
- Coming up with the idea, motivation to leave Boomlagoon, and experience and emotions of transitioning into something new?
- How do you come up with game ideas?
- Mobile platforms in 2019, great place for game devs?
- How do you set expectations for your journey (career) in game development?
- Are there hard moments?
- How do you unwind from work?
- How are you feeling about Part Time Monkey and are you happier now?
You can listen to the episode on: