Today I talking with Tuomas Erikoinen. Tuomas is a very special game developer and solo entrepreneur, who has built several games and launched them on the App Store with amazing success.
Before his company Part Time Monkey, Tuomas was a co-founder in a venture backed games company, and even earlier than that, he was part of the crue who build the first Angry Birds games.
Topics that we cover with Tuomas include:
- Rovio days, pre-Angry and post-Angry Birds, what was that experience like for you?
- How did you know that entrepreneurship was your thing?
- Starting a VC backed games company called Boomlagoon. What were your experiences, what should new entrepreneurs expect?
- Coming up with the idea, motivation to leave Boomlagoon, and experience and emotions of transitioning into something new?
- How do you come up with game ideas?
- Mobile platforms in 2019, great place for game devs?
- How do you set expectations for your journey (career) in game development?
- Are there hard moments?
- How do you unwind from work?
- How are you feeling about Part Time Monkey and are you happier now?
You can listen to the episode on: