The post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I’m having a chat with Kristian Metzger, the Co-Founder and CEO of Stratosphere Games, who are based out of Berlin, Germany. Kristian and his team are building midcore games with a team of 22 people, and they have always bootstrapped the company. There story is an interesting and inspiring one.
Among the topics that we cover in this episode are:
- What was your leap of faith moment for starting Stratosphere Games?
- You have been a bootstrapped games company, was that a conscious choice?
- How raising funding can change things?
- Can you talk about how you structured the leadership of the company early on and how you changed things going forward?
- How and when to partner with a publisher?
Content mentioned in the podcast: