The post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I’m talking with Jeferson Valadares, the Co-Founder and CEO of Doppio Games, a voice games statup from Lisbon, Portugal. I’ve known Jeff for years, since he was working in Helsinki for Digital Chocolate. After the years in Finland, Jeff worked at EA, Bioware, Bandai Namco, and finally it has come the time for him to found a new games studio.
Some of the topics that are covered in this episode:
- How can we build more big game companies?
- Should the company do several games at a time? Are there clear advantages and disadvantages to that?
- You guys do Voice Games. What is this genre all about?
- Have you validated that customers want voice games?
- What are your lessons from hiring people for a games company?
- What is good way to build trust in the company?
You can find the episode from these places: