This post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I’m talking Christian Ress, who is the co-founder and CEO of Playtestcloud, a playtesting service startup from Berlin, Germany. I’m fascinated by the reasons why playtests, surveys and focus groups, have always been in the shadow of metrics, as a decision-making tool. You can learn so much from reading player sentiment and observing their behavior. Will now cover this and more with Christian.
Topics that we cover include:
- In the early days, did you clearly know what you wanted to build?
- How did you incorporate the learnings and then build out the features going from there?
- Why are playtests important?
- What has been the best impact for a developer? Like what is the best way to approach analyzing the findings, that you’ve heard of?
- Do you think that small games companies should have dedicated game user researchers?
- If you could give one playtesting advice for early stage companies, what would that be?