Looking for some great new authentic video creative? Try something totally new with Influencer Generated Content (IGC) by Opera Event. Go to GetIGC.com to see some examples and get more information. Note! You get a free video with purchase of 4 or more videos. Remember to say that Elite Game Developers sent you!
Today I’m talking Christian Ress, who is the co-founder and CEO of Playtestcloud, a playtesting service startup from Berlin, Germany. I’m fascinated by the reasons why playtests, surveys and focus groups, have always been in the shadow of metrics, as a decision-making tool. You can learn so much from reading player sentiment and observing their behavior. Will now cover this and more with Christian.
Topics that we cover include:
- In the early days, did you clearly know what you wanted to build?
- How did you incorporate the learnings and then build out the features going from there?
- Why are playtests important?
- What has been the best impact for a developer? Like what is the best way to approach analyzing the findings, that you’ve heard of?
- Do you think that small games companies should have dedicated game user researchers?
- If you could give one playtesting advice for early stage companies, what would that be?