Looking for some great new authentic video creative? Try something totally new with Influencer Generated Content (IGC) by Opera Event. Go to GetIGC.com to see some examples and get more information. Note! You get a free video with purchase of 4 or more videos. Remember to say that Elite Game Developers sent you!
Today I chat with Florian Steinhoff, a games entrepreneur and game maker from Berlin Germany. I remember seeing Florian on stage at GDC 2015 when he was presenting their learnings from developing Jelly Splash at Wooga. Already then, I noticed that he’s a really interesting game dev. Will now hear more about Florian and how he approaches making games.
Topics that we cover include:
- What was your biggest takeaway from working on Jelly Splash, something that you still think about today?
- You started a company after leaving Wooga, can you tell me the story of why you started the company?
- Year of hyper-casual, bootstrapping, trying to find a game. Was it what you expected?
- What are the realities of the mobile games market that often don’t get talked about?
- On the product side, what do you think really matters when building mobiles games?
- Cancelling / killing a project? What do you think is the right approach for a small startup and a big company, for killing a game? (Wooga experiences?)