Today I chat with Florian Steinhoff, a games entrepreneur and game maker from Berlin Germany. I remember seeing Florian on stage at GDC 2015 when he was presenting their learnings from developing Jelly Splash at Wooga. Already then, I noticed that he’s a really interesting game dev. Will now hear more about Florian and how he approaches making games.
Topics that we cover include:
- What was your biggest takeaway from working on Jelly Splash, something that you still think about today?
- You started a company after leaving Wooga, can you tell me the story of why you started the company?
- Year of hyper-casual, bootstrapping, trying to find a game. Was it what you expected?
- What are the realities of the mobile games market that often don’t get talked about?
- On the product side, what do you think really matters when building mobiles games?
- Cancelling / killing a project? What do you think is the right approach for a small startup and a big company, for killing a game? (Wooga experiences?)