Looking for some great new authentic video creative? Try something totally new with Influencer Generated Content (IGC) by Opera Event. Go to GetIGC.com to see some examples and get more information.
Today I’m talking with Reko Ukko, the Co-Founder and SVP of Game Design at Seriously Entertainment, with offices in Helsinki and LA. Reko has been in so many gaming companies during his career, so we spent most of the episode to cover the different game development processes that he’s seen. how do you come up with game ideas, how do you approach game mechanics and how decisions get made, to finally get a game out. From racing games to Best Fiends.
Topics that we cover in this episode include:
- Let’s break down your different designer experiences prior to Seriously, from Bugbear, all the way to Natural Motion
- What is critical for you, to do game design well?
- For the decision-makers and stakeholders, what fundamental knowledge should they have on game design?
- You were responsible for the design of the original Best Fiends game. Can you talk through the process of coming up with the concept, prototyping, getting initial positive signs, and finally soft launching the game?
- As a co-founder and SVP of Game Design, how do you influence the work that goes into making better game design at Seriously?