Post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I’m talking with Callum Brighting, the Co-Founder and CEO of Netspeak Games, an MMO games company based out of London, UK. Callum is a phenomenal first-time founder, who’s been taking measures of learning how a games company should be built, what the culture should be like and how you can bring on investors to help grow the company.
In this episode, we cover lots of topics, including these:
- How are you learning to become a CEO?
- How have you approached fundraising? How did you learn that craft?
- Have you talked about the company mission, vision, and core values? Have you worked on defining them and how do they show up in the daily work?
- How do you make sure that you hire people with a culture fit?
- Firing: your best performer ever is also the most toxic person you’ve ever met. What do you do?
- What is your approach to talking about runway to the team?