Today I’m talking with Seth Sivak, the Co-Founder, and CEO of Proletariat, a games company based out of Boston, Massachusetts. Seth started the company with his co-founders in 2012. They started with free-to-play mobile, with games like World Zombienation, but pivoted to PC and console, and are getting closer to launching their Battle Royale game Spellbreak.
Topics that we cover include:
- What do you think is the ideal company culture for a games company, and where can the company struggle in building a strong culture?
- You first started in mobile gaming, now shifted to PC. What was your biggest takeaway from working on mobile?
- When you raised this latest round, did you contemplate the possibility that this amount won’t be enough to get where you have planned?
- Should a gaming CEO have any involvement in creative decision?
- How should game developers balance between innovation and proven ideas?