Michael Cheung is a General Partner at Makers Fund, a venture fund specialized in gaming. Makers Fund has a mission of enabling smaller teams to do big things, by providing capital, access to our global network, and strategic guidance. Michael sits on the board of several games companies, including Dream Games, BetaDwarf, RedHill games, and Klang Games.
Topics that we cover include:
- At the early stage, what goes into an exceptional gaming business?
- I’ve recently been meeting up with lots of early-stage companies and listening to their pitches. What I usually would like to hear is what their customer success looks like. How do you think about meeting the needs of your audience?
- What goes through your mind when you meet founders for the first time? What are you looking to see?
- A founder has something going for them, but you also feel that they are unfocused. How do you give feedback?
- Once you’ve invested, what is your approach to helping the CEO?
- How about your approach to curiosity? Dreaming with the founder? Not playing it safe.
Book that Michael mentions: Thinking Fast and Slow (Daniel Kahneman)