Post is sponsored by Gameye
Gameye is a platform independent game server auto-scaling solution. Game sessions are spread out over multiple providers to achieve the best possible coverage in every region of the world. Gameye is your one-stop-shop for all your server orchestration needs. They create and provide their own API for this, which lets you scale when you need it, in locations close to your players. Check out www.gameye.com
Today I’m talking to David Gardner, a general partner at London Venture Partners. On their website, they say that “We’ve done our 2-guys-in-a-garage start-up. We’ve helped companies transition from back-of-an-envelope vision to a multi-billion-dollar powerhouse. It isn’t a mystery to us, and our passion is to help you strategically and operationally.” We’ll now hear the lay of the land from David himself.
Topics that we cover in this episode include:
- What is the mission of LVP?
- You were an early investor in Supercell, are the things that mattered there, regarding the business and your decision to invest, still valid today?
- We’ve seen Play Ventures and Makers Fund appear in the last year or two. How do you see these new funds changing things for the gaming ecosystem?
- You had some incubator experience? What worked and what didn’t with the incubator?
- What is the single biggest challenge in your role as a venture investor?
- What insight do you wish you had known at the start of your career in venture?