Minwoo Lee is the Head of Product at Dodreams, a Helsinki based mobile games company. Minu’s career in gaming started Korea about twenty years ago when he was designing micro-transactions into online games. His career took him to Europe, and eventually to work in the Finnish games industry. Minwoo and Joakim share a passion for game design, through the understanding of player motivations, aspirations and career goals.
Topics that we cover include:
- What are the characteristic differences between Korean and European game developers?
- What is critical for you, to do game design well?
- Player career goals, what do they mean and how can they be used in the design?
- How does the meta game and economy, relate back to the core game play?
- What are other pitfalls and problems that game designers can face when coming up with something new?
- If you could pick a dream team to make a free-to-play game, what kind of roles would you have there?